Second Day Hairstyle Ideas
I’m definitely not one to wash my hair every single day, so I decided to put together some second day hairstyle ideas. Braids are the perfect style for those days when you’re not washing your hair because you can get a better grip. Freshly washed hair can often be slippery and silky, so trying to achieve that perfect braid with fresh locks can be frustrating.
Here’s two braided styles to try out with your second day hair.
The Simple Braided Crown
This hairstyle is so simple and so cute. It’s perfect if you’re in a rush because it takes less than 5 minutes to master.
- Take a section of hair from the first half of your head and created a regular 3 strand braid
- Take a section of hair from the other side and do the same thing
- Tie the braids together around back
- Pin in place
- Use comb pick to pull hair up to add volume
The French Braided Faux Hawk
I absolutely love this style because it’s very edgy yet chic. I feel like this style pairs perfectly with a rocker t-shirt, and a choker necklace.
- Section off the middle of your hair and pin the rest in behind your head out of the way
- French braid the section on top but don’t braid the full way down
- Create a half ponytail with the rest of your hair
- Use a comb to smooth out the sides for a sleek, bold look
- Tie with a hair elastic and wrap a small section of hair around the elastic to cover it
- Finally, tease the ponytail a tad to add some volume and edge!
Check out the tutorial below to master these two hairstyles.